MedStar Health’s team of 30,000 associates and 6,000 affiliated physicians are all focused on one thing—caring for you and your family. As the largest healthcare provider in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, we proudly care for more than half-a-million patients each year. Our extensive network of providers enables us to offer the highest quality, most advanced care—close to where our patients live and work. And, because we are committed to our not-for-profit mission, we are dedicated to reinvesting in the health and wellness in the communities we serve.
Our programs and services are recognized regionally and nationally for clinical excellence in cardiology and cardiac surgery, orthopedics, cancer, transplantation, rehabilitation, and emergency and trauma services. Our associates also provide primary care, urgent care, and home health care services in communities and homes across the region. For patients requiring non-acute care, MedStar operates sub-acute, assisted living, and long-term care services.
To be the trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health.
To serve our patients, those who care for them, and our communities.
- Service – We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients, physicians, and co-workers.
- Patient first – We strive to deliver the best to every patient every day. The patient is the first priority in everything we do.
- Integrity – We communicate openly and honestly, build trust and conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards.
- Respect – We treat each individual, those we serve and those with whom we work, with the highest professionalism and dignity.
- Innovation – We embrace change and work to improve all we do in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Teamwork – System effectiveness is built on the collective strength and cultural diversity of everyone, working with open communication and mutual respect.